Performance 5



I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to do for project 5. I was up all night researching different performance artists because I wanted to do something different than what I am used to. I wanted to do something that our class hasn't done this block!  I found a video by Marina describing how to perform mindful, slow-motion walking.  I thought to myself, WOW it would be so cool if I did this during class, and walk through the whole upstairs S L O W L Y.



A big part of this piece was being mindful of every move I make, including my breathing. I am usually fast paced and energetic. It was almost uncomfortable for my body to be moving so slow, and I actually got very anxious. Even though the camera person recorded it vertically, I didn't want to recreate this piece to post on this blog, because I really liked the reactions of the people who encountered me.

Comments

Popular Posts