project 2

So this piece is pretty emotional for me. I just got out of an incredibly abusive relationship, and it took me a while to realize this. I always focused on the good moments rather than the name calling and false accusations.  Reading out these dark secrets to the world wasn't an easy task, I was on the verge of tears the whole video. I wanted to make this to show everyone that it's not easy to walk away from someone you love, it hurts, and sometimes you get burned in the process. But your new life will rise out of the ashes of an abusive and repressive relationship.


I also got so frustrated, because of not remembering how to use premiere and so the quality is trash.





https://youtu.be/7-EK3aapVFw

Comments

  1. Emma -- this is unclear as to the context. The viewer does not have any information other than it is a letter -- it could have been written to you or you could have written it, etc. Push forward. There is a piece done by Sophie Calle that is about "boyfriend letters". http://www.tate.org.uk/context-comment/video/venice-biennale-sophie-calle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts